IRCEI is an International research center in the form of an open laboratory organized at Melentiev Energy Systems Institute of SB RAS for arrangement and coordination of studies by the Russian and foreign scientists to determine the trends and principles in formation of the interstate interbranch energy infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region and primarily in Northeast Asia.
The most important results of research activity
By the contract with the Central China Grid International Economic & Trade Co., Ltd. and Technology Center of Central China Grid Company Ltd. the Center "Asia-Energy" performed and delivered to the Customers two research works:
- "The analysis of low-frequency oscillations in electric power system and development of proposals on their prevention (on the example of LFO on 29.10.05)".
The report on research works contains analysis of the shape of low-frequency oscillations (LFO) on the base of the in-situ measurements, LFO modeling, analysis of change in the parameters of LFO mode, measures on LFO prevention and suppression.
- "Electric power systems blackouts analysis and prevention".
The report on research works includes definition of system emergencies and blackouts, assessment of their impacts on consumers and power system, examples and analysis of heavy emergencies in the world's power systems, generalization of the pattern of emergency occurrence and cascading development, examples and generalization of emergency control systems (ECS) in different countries, formulation and methods for solving emergency control problems in a market environment, recommendations on ECS development by applying advanced technologies.
Reception of foreign scientists
|In September 2006 the Center "Asia-Energy" arranged the visit of the delegation from the Central China Grid Company and Technology Center at this company. The visit was devoted to discussion of partial results and organizational and technical problems when carrying out research works under the contract with the mentioned organizations.
- Participation in exhibitions
|The representatives of the Center "Asia-Energy" took part in the exhibition "The 5th Optic Valley of China International Optoelectronic Exposition and Forum" (OVC EXPO'2006), held in Wuhan on 2-5 November 2006 with presentation of developments of the Special Design Office "Electric Instrument Engineering" (including devices for electric measurements and diagnostics of electric facilities ÏÊÂ/Ì5À, ÏÊÂ-Ì6, ÏÊÂ-Ó2, ÏÓÂ-10, ÏÓÂ-50, ÌÈÊÎ-1).
- Organization of international events
The Center "Asia-Energy" organized and held the regular 5th International Conference "Asian Energy Cooperation: Mechanisms, Risks, Barriers" (AEC-2006) in Yakutsk on 27-29 June, 2006 (jointly with the 4th International Conference "Investment Potential of Sakha Republic (Yakutia) - Eastern vector of Russian energy policy").
The results of the Conference AEC-2006 will be published in its Proceedings.
Publications and reports
Reports on research works
- The analysis of low-frequency oscillations in electric power system and development of proposals on their prevention (on the example of LFO on 29.10.2005). Report under the contract with Technology Center and Central China Grid Company. Yu.A.Grishin - manager, S.S.Smirnov, E.I.Ushakov - executives in charge.
- Electric Power Systems Blackouts Analysis and Prevention. Report under the contract with Technology Center and Central China Grid Company. D.N.Efimov - manager, N.I.Voropai, P.V.Etingov - executives in charge.